Mushroom Factory Tour & Tasting: 70 minutes
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
Tour Reservation Request:
General Admission: $20.00 per person, plus tax
• Child : $10 (3years – 11 years) per person
• Student rate with teacher: $10 per person
• Military Personnel/ Senior Rate: $17.50 per person Id required.
• All prices, please add 4.167% State Tax
Tour Times: 9:30am, 11:30am
Monday thru Friday
Additional times may be available for Group Bookings
Minimum Capacity per Tour: 4 people
Maximum Capacity per Tour: 30 people
24 hour minimum advance tour reservation required with credit card prepayment
Factory Tour includes:
• Food Safety Registration to enter Mushroom Factory
• Welcome Orientation and story of how Hamakua Mushrooms started
• Watch an Exclusive “Video journey of How These Specialty Mushrooms are Grown.”
• View the different stages of growth through the convenient viewing windows
• Tour includes a simple cooking demonstration using these delicious mushrooms for all to taste.
• Visit our Hamakua Mushrooms Boutique to purchase fresh mushrooms and a unique array of mushroom inspired gifts.
Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your tour time to complete the check in process. We are a Food Safety Certified operation and require every guest to sign in.
Our factory provides a clean, germ free environment for our mushrooms, therefore we ask all guests to arrive, with clean clothes, shoes, hands, hair and free of illness, (such as colds or coughs) to minimize the impact to the growing environment. We reserve the right to protect our delicate mushroom eco-system and may deny entry to those who present a risk.
There is no charge for reservations cancelled prior to 48 hours (2 days) before the reserved tour date. Any cancellations within 48- 24 hours will be accessed a 50% tour charge per person. Cancellations made day of tour will be non-refundable.
Fill out the form below to reserve your spot and “Like us” on FaceBook to find out about upcoming events and specials.
Directions to the Farm
Traveling from Hilo – take Hawaii Belt Road, Highway 19 North continue towards the Hamakua Coast just beyond Mile marker 25 until you see the Laupahoehoe Train Museum on the left, take the next left up
Manowaiopae Homestead Rd. Travel up the curvy road until you see the entrance of Hamakua Mushrooms on the left (large metal warehouse). 36-221 Manowaiopae Homestead Road. Park where indicated and proceed to Tour Check-in area.
Traveling from Kona – take Queen Kaahumanu Highway 19 East just past Mile Marker 26 with the Laupahoehoe Scenic Point on the left, watch for Manowaiopae Road on the next right. Travel up the curvy road until you see the entrance of Hamakua Mushrooms on the left. 36-221 Manowaiopae Homestead Road. Park where indicated and proceed to Tour Check-in area.