“Mediterranean Mushroom Medley”
- 8 oz. mixed or single variety Hamakua Mushrooms
- 2 -3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. garlic and shallot, minced
- ¼ tsp. each, oregano and thyme
- 3 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, plumped in warm water and cut in strips
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
*Slice Alii Mushrooms lengthwise 1/8 – ¼ inch. thick. Separate Pioppini and gray Oyster by slightly trimming base or simply pull them apart.
In a broad skillet, heat oil on high. Add mushrooms, garlic and shallot. Cook 2 – 4 minutes stirring occasionally . Add oregano, thyme, parsley, sun dried tomato strips, red wine vinegar. Stir again and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or cold as a side dish. Great on steak, chicken, seafood or pasta!
*No need to wash Hamakua Mushrooms