- 4 oz. Alii Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons olive or other vegetable oil
- 12 ounces washed baby spinach leaves (or substitute dark leafy greens of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons toasted macadamia nuts, chopped (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut mushrooms into ½ inch chunks. Sauté in oil over medium-high heat for three minutes. Spread spinach over the mushrooms, pour on balsamic vinegar and cover pan tightly. Shut off the heat. Leave lid on for two minutes, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. If spinach is not sufficiently cooked, return to heat uncovered, stirring gently for a few minutes longer. Garnish with chopped macadamia nuts.